Festivals & Annual Events in the DFW Metroplex
Did you know that the DFW area features one of the largest park systems? That’s right, the area is renowned for offering its residents plenty to do and see. There are a multitude of festivals and events that are easy to find throughout the year.
From wine to German sausage, the DFW Metroplex is home to an amazing scene of events and outdoor festivals such as:
- Grapevine GrapeFest - This annual festival features five stages of live entertainment and many other events. Some well-known attractions include Grape Stomp, the Champagne Terrace, Italian Car Fest, Kids World, and the Texas Wine Tribute.
- Addison Oktoberfest - A celebration that is four days of family-oriented fun with German entertainers and Bavarian folk dances. Sauerkraut, German sausage, giant pretzels, strudel, and more are served.
- State Fair of Texas - Known for its fried food, the State Fair of Texas also offers livestock shows, auto show, carnival rides, and live music for a traditional family event. This annual event is held in Fair Park and runs for 24 straight days giving you plenty of opportunity to join the fun.
- Fort Worth Stock Show and Rodeo – A Fort Worth tradition since the first Stock Show in 1896, attendance skyrocketed when the Rodeo was added in 1918, and remains one of the largest events of it’s kind in the world. Featuring nearly three weeks of events, entertainment and fun, see why they’re not kidding when they say “This Thing is Legendary!”
- KABOOM Town, Addison, TX - Consistently rated one of the top fireworks shows in the nation, Addison Kaboom Town!® is held on July 3 from 5 PM – Midnight. The Addison Circle wathc party is a free event and no ticket is required Fireworks begin at dusk (About 9:30 pm) but come early, find your spot, enjoy the food, people and fun and a fireworks show unlike any other.
- Scarborough Renaissance Festival - Located in Waxahachie, this annual festival runs 8 consecutive weekends and is one of the largest and most popular Renaissance festivals in the country. It has 23 stages of live entertainment, over 200 daily performances, more than 200 craft shoppes, 5 food court areas, and 10 Pubs throughout the festival site.
- Plano Balloon Festival – Celebrating more than 37 years of Ballooning In Plano, TX, this unique and awe inspiring annual three day event, is dedicated to educating attendees about Hot Air Ballooning and family friendly entertainment.
- Meredith Talley
- Danny Barton
- Joshua Wilkerson
- Anderson Hipe
- Tomka Ivovic
- Shannon Matuni
- Andrea Pickard