Tips To Purchasing a Home in DFW
Keller Williams Realty is proud to be one of the top teams of local Real Estate professionals who are dedicated to helping buyers find their dream home in the DFW Metroplex. From knowing the “right addresses,” to negotiating with sellers, the Keller Williams Realty team is dedicated to making your Real Estate dreams a reality. To help you start your buyer’s journey on the right foot, below you will find a few helpful tips to keep in mind as you search for Real Estate properties within the DFW Metroplex.
A few of the factors that you should keep in mind when purchasing a home in the greater Dallas area include:
1. Your budget. — Before you fall in love with a home that is outside of your desired price range, make sure that you have an established budget. Once you have established your budget, you will be better prepared to “shop around” for the home that best suits your current and future needs. Keep in mind, that you might decide to purchase either a fixer-upper or a recently constructed home. No matter which type of home you choose to purchase, the first step on your buyer’s journey will be to establish a budget.
2. Determine if your home is going to be a long-term investment. — The most recent U.S. Census data shows that the DFW Metroplex is growing at a rapid rate. As more jobs are created and more people flock to the DFW Metroplex area, your future home could easily turn into a long-term investment. Conversely, your future home might be able to turn into a Real Estate investment rental home. Your chosen Realtor will be well-versed on any zoning laws that might apply to your home; this vital information will help you to better determine if you can potentially turn your home into a long-term or a short-term investment.
3. Think about location. — One of the best aspects about working with the Keller Williams Realty team, is that the team is comprised of two individuals whom are local area experts. This means that your chosen Real Estate agent can help you to determine the ideal neighborhood. As part of this process, be sure to ask yourself:
▪ What type of neighborhood do I want to live in? Do I want to live in a well-established neighborhood, or am I interested in living in an up-and-coming area?
▪ How long will my commute to work be?
▪ Do I want to be a member of a community or simply own a home within a neighborhood?
▪ Do I need to be near parks, recreational areas, and other amenities?
▪ Should my home be purchased in a great school district? If so, do I need to have access to excellent elementary, middle, and high schools?
▪ What type of home do I want to live in? Should I consider living in a townhome, single-family home, duplex, condo, or new construction?
▪ What are the top attributes that I look for in a home?
4. Think about property tax. — While the state of Texas doesn’t have income tax, it does have property taxes. It is important to note that some areas of the DFW Metroplex will have higher property tax values than the adjoining neighborhoods. With this in mind, it is important that you speak with your trusted Real Estate agent about the potential property tax implications of your chosen home.
5. Your current and future home needs. — Whether you have a family or are thinking about starting one, before you purchase a home within the DFW Metroplex, it is important that you consider your current and future needs. For example, will you need extra space around the holidays? Do you want to have a large backyard for your kids or grandchildren to play in? By thinking about your current and future housing needs, you can better prepare yourself for a successful Real Estate journey. Keep in mind that buying a home can be a once in a lifetime experience; as such, you deserve to discover the home of your dreams with the help of the Keller Williams Realty Team!
6. The current Real Estate market. — One of the top factors that you should consider before you purchase a home within the DFW Metroplex is the Real Estate market. By working with a local Realtor, you will gain a better understanding of the current and predicted Real Estate market. In fact, your chosen Realtor can provide you with additional insights into the previous, current, and predicted markets. You can use this important Real Estate analysis to make an informed decision about the exact area and type of home that you want to purchase.
7. When you are ready to begin, continue, or finalize your home buying journey, be sure to work with one of the trusted members of the Keller Williams Realty team. The entire Keller Williams Realty team is well-versed on everything to do with the DFW Metroplex. From hours spent researching the best school districts, to first-hand knowledge on the most popular nightlife spots, to an intimate understanding of the local Real Estate market, Keller Williams Realty is the top choice for in-state or out-of-state buyers who are interested in purchasing a home within the DFW Metroplex.
- Meredith Talley
- Danny Barton
- Joshua Wilkerson
- Anderson Hipe
- Tomka Ivovic
- Shannon Matuni
- Andrea Pickard